Tamale International Folk High School
The Tamale International Folk High School (TIFHS) was registered nationwide as a youth organization with the National Youth Authority (registration number: YO/NR/N/07/0078) and as a Ghanaian NGO in 2007 and 2013 respectively. It evolved from a Forum Theatre Group and cultural troupe to become what it is today- a Folk High School. The organization focuses its work on youth development through folk education and transformation of the youth to lead productive lives using mixed cultural resources in Ghana and elsewhere.
The goal is to increase productive capacity for sustainable livelihoods for the youth in Ghana through folk education and training. The strategy will adopted Sustainable approaches and ways to provide a platform for youth to analyze the relationship between their assets, vulnerabilities, activities, structures and processes for appropriate decision making on their development.
A Northern Ghana where the youth especially the disadvantaged and marginalized live a life of dignity and self-worth and applying their talents in an environment of peace.
To alleviate the plight of disadvantaged and marginalized Youth in Northern Ghana through promoting their active patronage and participation in the folk high school projects/ programmes in collaboration with local and international actors
Volunteer help needed:
- The volunteers will assist in the teaching and learning activities in the school.
- They will also assist in the administration and running or of the school activities.
- They will be involved in the community outreach activities
- They will help in the fund raising activity to build, support the school and the students and also help sustain the school for many generation to come.
- They will help structure the school teaching and learning, administration and other activities in the school.
C/Danaa Hafiz Gbabillana, P.O.Box 151, Tamale, Ghana.