(Find en dansk version herunder)
The IPC Alumni (previously the Student Union) has a long history dating back to the early days of the college. The main aim of The IPC Alumni is to connect former and present students and promote dialogue during and after their stay at The International People’s College, as well as facilitating common activities with the College and hereby spreading knowledge about the school and the network that it creates.
The IPC Alumni’s main responsibilities are to keep connection between the students and IPC, to re-create, maintain and develop a lasting dialogue between cultures across borders.
This again to maintain peace and limit prejudices, racism and assimilation, and have a common community sharing memories and activities that happens at The International People’s College. By doing so it is made possible to expand the IPC spirit outside of the school to networks beyond and hopefully establish fertile grounds for common projects (ex. freeRice).
Everyone who has been a student at IPC on a course for at least three weeks can become a member. Others who feel like supporting the aims of the school can become members of the IPC Alumni without the right to vote. After one year, full membership can be obtained if agreed upon by the board and the general assembly.
The general assembly of the student union is the highest authority. The general assembly is held every year at The International People’s College before the end of September.
What do we do? – The Alumni board is tasked with projects designed to connect and promote IPC amongst former students. Some examples of our projects are;
- The Annual IPC Reunion Weekend at IPC where former students can meet.
- An International Cook Book with recipes from former students.
- Ambassador Program – making local IPC networks across the world for former students
- IPC Global Week – (shared project)
Our main goal however is to promote constructive dialogue between former students and IPC. For more information on these projects and other undertakings, you can see our progress on facebook.
Velkommen til IPC Alumni – eller på dansk: Den Internationale Højskoles Elevforening. Som højskolens officielle elevorganisation er vores hovedformål at hjælpe tidligere elever med at knytte bånd med hinanden, på tværs af semester-, alder- og landegrænser, samt at hjælpe med at informere om nuværende projekter på højskolen, der kunne have interesse for tidligere elever.
Blandt vores nuværende projekter kan nævnes:
– Den årlige Reunion Weekend, der finder sted 3. weekend i september. Her er der mulighed for at gense gamle IPC elever, lære nye ansigter at kende, danse til langt ud på natten, og deltage i den årlige generalforsamling.
– Summer Camp, hvor gamle elever kan mødes og genopleve livet på IPC.
– Vores Couchsurfing-gruppe, hvor man kan søge (og tilbyde) overnatning hos andre IPC elever rundt omkring i verden.
– Et elektronisk nyhedsbrev, med 3-4 årlige nyhedsbreve planlagt.
– The IPC Volunteer Network, som giver mulighed for at tage ud i verden og arbejde som frivillig hos de mange IPC elever, der har kontakter til (eller ligefrem selv arbejder hos) lokale NGO’er.
– En omrejsende ‘IPC mindebog’; Den Store IPC Opskriftsbog; IPC merchandise, mm.